For fun, I have decided to write pass in Python.
Python-pass will provide the same functionality as pass. In addition, it will be usable as a library.
Python-pass is tested for python 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, pypy and pypy3
On your machine¶
- Install the requirements: sudo apt-get install -y gnupg tree
- Import the testing GPG key: gpg --allow-secret-key-import --import pypass/tests/test_key_sec.asc
- Trust the key: gpg --import-ownertrust pypass/tests/test_ownertrust.txt
- Run the tests: tox
- Run the tests in a container: make test
- Or, get a shell with pypass installed: make run
Documentation for python-pass is available on pypass.rtfd.org.
You can build the documentation and the man page yourself with tox -edocs. The HTML documentation will be built in docs/build/html and the man page will be built in docs/build/man.
- [X] pypass init - creates a folder and a .gpg-id file
- [X] Support --path option
- [ ] re-encryption functionality
- [X] Should output: Password store initialized for [gpg-id].
- [X] --clone <url> allows to init from an existing repo
- [X] pypass insert test.com prompts for a password and creates a test.com.gpg file
- [X] multi-line support
- [X] create a git commit
- [ ] When inserting in a folder with a .gpg-id file, insert should use the .gpg-id file’s key
[X] pypass show test.com will display the content of test.com.gpg
[X] --clip, -c copies the first line to the clipboard
- [ ] --password, and --username options.
<the_password> login: <the_login> url: <the_url>
pypass connect (or ssh)¶
This new command should connect to a server using an encrypted rsa key.
- [X] pypass ls shows the content of the password store with tree
- [X] pypass invokes pypass ls by default
- [X] pypass ls subfolder calls tree on the subfolder only
- [X] Hide .gpg at the end of each entry
- [X] Accept subfolder argument
- [X] First output line should be Password Store
- [X] pypass rm test.com removes the test.com.gpg file
- [ ] pypass remove and pypass delete aliases
- [X] pypass rm -r folder (or --recursive) will remove a folder and all of it’s content (not interactive!)
- [X] Ask for confirmation
- [X] pypass find python.org pypass will show a tree with password entries that match python.org or pass
- [X] Accepts one or many search terms
- [X] pypass cp old-path new-pah copies a password to a new path
- [ ] Dont overwrite
- [X] pypass mv old-path new-path moves a password to a new path
- [ ] Dont overwrite
- [X] Pass commands to git
- [X] pypass git init should behave differently with an existing password store
- [X] Add tests
- [X] pypass edit test.com will open a text editor and let you edit the password
- [X] pypass grep searchstring will search for the given string inside all of the encrypted passwords
- [ ] pypass generate [pass-name] [pass-length] Genrates a new password using of length pass-length and inserts it into pass-name.
- [ ] --no-symbols, -n
- [ ] --clip, -c
- [ ] --in-place, -i
- [ ] --force, -f